Saturday, November 22, 2014

Gender Reveal

As I mentioned in the previous post, I used a few ideas I found on Pinterest to help me with the official gender reveal.  



Before everyone arrived, I hid clues (created from nursery rhymes) throughout the house.  Each clue was part of a scavenger hunt for either "Team Boy" or "Team Girl." 


 For example, the clue with "Hey Diddle, Diddle" had the word "spoon" left out and the team had to go to the spoon drawer in the kitchen to find their next clue.  The clue with "Hickory Dickory Dock" had the word "clock" left out and the team had to find a clock in the house to find their next clue.  All clues for both teams eventually led them back to the living room. 



Once both teams were back together we called Aunt Betsi via Google Hangout so she could be a part of the official reveal!  Mackaylan was our official videographer since she already knew the results. :)


 I explained to each team that their clues had #s on the back and that their last task would be to add the numbers up.  The group that had the clues that equalled 27 (my due date) were told to shout out, "It's a ....!"  


When the results were announced, everyone was thrilled except for.... Lydia!  However, I must say, that the idea of a little brother is beginning to grow on her, especially since that means she won't have to share any of her "princess toys!" 


 It's hard to believe that I'm already 22 weeks!  We are over halfway there.  Woo hoo!! 

1 comment:

Tracy said...

What a cute party! I think it's awesome that your little guy already has so many people who love him and are so excited for him. I think that's such a blessing as a parent.