Monday, April 7, 2014

The Start of Spring Break


Today was the first day of our Spring Break. We are spending the week in the Raleigh area with Mickey. Words cannot explain how wonderful it is to have my family together. Mickey walked in from work tonight and the girls came bounding down the steps yelling, "Daddy's home! Daddy's home!" It was awesome. I'm so ready to have my family of four back in tact. Until then, we will cherish every minute of this week together. 


Mickey met us for lunch at the NC State Farmer's Market. The restaurant was decorated in all things NC and the food was delicious! The girls, of course, were intrigued by the horse statue outside and the sleigh inside. I think they would have eaten in the sleigh if that would have been allowed! ;)


After lunch, Mickey returned to work and the girls and I ventured up to Barnes & Noble so that Mackaylan could spend the gift card she received for her birthday. She is such an avid reader and I will venture out in the rain anyday to continue to foster this love of books! 


Tonight for supper I tried out a salad recipe from one of my Pinterest boards and it did not disappoint. It was super simple and delicious- SCORE! 

At this time, Mickey and Mackaylan are snuggled up in the recliner watching Yogi Bear, Lydia is watching Team Umizoomi, and I am blogging. 

A super start to Spring Break 2014!
 

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Sounds like a great start to your Spring Break! I'm so glad that you all got to spend it as a family of 4. I love the picture of you with your girls.238369849948